French Toast Variation of Eggs in a Basket
"This recipe may sound weird to some people, but no matter who I make it for, they love it! Oh and it is a great time saver. It only takes 3 ingredients! Traditional eggs in a basket get an added touch by making French toast with the bread first, a quick and easy breakfast with extra protein."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 m servings 269
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 slices)
- Whisk 4 eggs together in a bowl.
- Cut 2-inch holes out of the center of each bread slice, reserving the cut-outs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip bread into the whisked eggs, covering completely on both sides. Place each piece of dipped bread, 1 at a time, into the hot skillet; immediately crack an egg into the hole of the bread. Cook until egg is over-easy, about 1 minute per side.
- Dip the bread cut-outs into the remaining whisked eggs and cook in the hot skillet until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place the centers back into the center of each piece of bread to complete the top of the "basket".
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, or any other spices that you would use for French toast!
Per Serving: 269 calories; 17.5 13.4 14.5 372 310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
just made eggs in a basket but added half n half, sugar, n cinnamon to top of egg. smells and taste like french toast