French Toast Variation of Eggs in a Basket
Ingredients16 m servings 269
- Whisk 4 eggs together in a bowl.
- Cut 2-inch holes out of the center of each bread slice, reserving the cut-outs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip bread into the whisked eggs, covering completely on both sides. Place each piece of dipped bread, 1 at a time, into the hot skillet; immediately crack an egg into the hole of the bread. Cook until egg is over-easy, about 1 minute per side.
- Dip the bread cut-outs into the remaining whisked eggs and cook in the hot skillet until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place the centers back into the center of each piece of bread to complete the top of the "basket".
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, or any other spices that you would use for French toast!
Per Serving: 269 calories; 17.5 13.4 14.5 372 310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
just made eggs in a basket but added half n half, sugar, n cinnamon to top of egg. smells and taste like french toast
I love eggs in a basket! This "version" is the way I grew up eating it. I was rather shocked when I looked up recipes to make eggs in a basket and most recipes just had toast with an egg in the ...