Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 399
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix potatoes, melted butter, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Divide potato mixture among muffin cups. Press to create a thin crust over the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are a light golden brown and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Crack an egg gently into each cup. Continue cooking until egg whites are set and yolk is runny, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven; cover eggs with provolone cheese.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toss prosciutto with maple syrup and pepper in a small bowl. Spread out on a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place muffin tin and baking sheet under the preheated broiler. Broil until cheese is melted and prosciutto is crisp, about 1 minute.
- Transfer egg baskets to a serving plate. Chop prosciutto and sprinkle on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 3 cups shredded hash browns for the potatoes if desired. If using frozen, make sure they are thawed. Use a piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel to remove and squeeze out the moisture.
- Substitute the breakfast meat of your choice for the prosciutto. Substitute Cheddar cheese for the provolone cheese if desired.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 21.8 34.5 17.1 230 625 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I put grape tomatoes with salt and basil under eggs in each basket and put bacon on top of the cheese. Delicious!!!