Hornet's Nest Carrot Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe puts a delightful carrot cake spin on a traditional hornet's nest cake, which takes the flavor of the cake and bakes it into the consistency of a brownie or bread pudding. Cut into small, bite-sized squares for a crowd-pleasing party dessert or just grab a fork and dig in straight from the baking dish, I'm not here to judge!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 526 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly. Pour in pudding mix and remove saucepan from heat. Stir in grated carrots, 1/2 cup raisins, cinnamon, and allspice. Cool mixture until lukewarm, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in carrot cake mix to form a thick batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Scatter 2 tablespoons raisins and half of the pecans on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat until frosting smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cake. Top with remaining raisins and pecans.
Per Serving: 526 calories; 24.9 g fat; 66.8 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 494 mg sodium. Full nutrition