Chicken Curry with Goat's Milk
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I have dairy allergies but I love curry. I created this recipe based on another curry recipe and it turned out amazing. Tasty and delicious curry. Not too spicy, but spicy enough to taste like a true curry. An easy dish that you can cook in only about half an hour. And best of all - no cow's milk! Serve with quinoa or rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 1 m servings 589
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place sweet potato cubes on a large microwave-safe plate. Cook in the microwave until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half of the chopped onion; cook and stir until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the saucepan. Cook and stir remaining onion with garlic until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sweet potato, goat's milk, apples, yogurt, ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the saucepan. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken stock into the saucepan. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can replace the apples with any other fruit. If you're using soft fruit (blueberries for example), don't add them until a few minutes before serving.
- You can adjust the heat or spice of the curry by increasing or reducing the curry, cumin, and turmeric.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 22.8 43.3 52.9 138 311 Full nutrition