Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 185
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place shiitake mushrooms and cloud ear mushrooms in a bowl of water; soak until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain and finely chop the mushrooms.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add tofu and cook for 1 minute. Remove using a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Bring water back to a boil and add bamboo shoots; cook for 1 minute. Drain and set bamboo shoots aside.
- Mix vinegar and white pepper together in a bowl.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Add bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and ham; return to a boil. Add tofu, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and salt; bring back to a boil.
- Mix corn flour and water together in a bowl until dissolved; stir into chicken stock mixture until soup starts to thicken. Drizzle beaten eggs into soup, stirring gently to form cooked egg clumps, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir vinegar-pepper mixture into soup and drizzle in sesame oil.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Dried cloud ear mushrooms (also known as black wood fungus or wood ear), fresh bamboo shoots, dried shiitake mushrooms and Shaoxing wine can be purchased in Chinese specialty shops.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 8 19.4 11.8 101 574 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this exactly as it is written. Delicious! I added 1 tblsp of soy sauce the second time I made it like someone’s comment suggested and it was even better. Perfect for my low carb diet.