Lemon Poppy Seed Scones (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan)
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 165
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 small scones)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk water and ground flax seeds together in a small bowl. Let stand until thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix in maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix oat flour, white rice flour, brown rice flour, coconut flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a large bowl. Add maple syrup mixture; mix with a spatula until dough comes together in a ball.
- Transfer ball of dough to a large sheet of waxed paper; press into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Pull wedges apart and carefully transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Add an additional 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to the dry ingredients in step 3 if desired.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 7.7 23.6 2.6 0 301 Full nutrition