Millionaire's Shortbread Bars (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Simply Sweet MAC
"Millionaire's shortbread bars traditionally have a bottom layer of shortbread cookie, a middle caramel layer, and a top chocolate layer. For my recipe, I made the cookie layer with almond flour to get a delicious nutty flavor. The middle layer is a caramel made mostly out of dates. Finally, I made the top chocolate out of cacao, coconut oil, and agave."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 577
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, grapeseed oil, 3 tablespoons agave nectar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl; press into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until a paste forms. Add almond butter and hot water and process until very smooth. Spread date mixture evenly over the cooled crust; refrigerate.
- Whisk coconut oil, cacao powder, and 2 tablespoons agave nectar together in a bowl until smooth; pour over date layer. Refrigerate until chocolate layer is set, 8 hours to overnight.
You might also like
Per Serving: 577 calories; 41.2 50.4 8.7 0 182 Full nutrition