Ingredients2 h 3 m servings 612
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 of the pesto over into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add olive oil.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook pork chops in the hot oil until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer pork chops to baking dish and top each with remaining pesto. Season with red pepper flakes. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 1 1/2 hours. Allow pork chops to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I used the Spinach Basil Pesto recipe from Allrecipes.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 49.7 3.5 37.2 92 489 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I thought this was fantastic. I did find the cook times to be long, maybe I just had thinner pork chops than the author. 2 1/2 minutes browned on both sides and 40 minutes in the oven worked f...
This is fabulous. I had thinner pork chops, so I followed Polly's advice and shortened the times. This is easy and good enough to share with guests. Will make again soon.
Pretty awesome combination of flavors. I added a side of roasted slices of yellow and zucchini squash with a splash of Huli Huli sauce.
We love this!! It is so easy and so good. I make exactly by the recipe except I sprinkle the red pepper flakes so those that don't care for the heavy heat just got a few, but all the wonderful...