Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 55 m servings 736
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 10-inch cake)
- Mix chocolate wafer crumbs and butter together in a bowl. Press over the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Freeze until firm, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 4 egg yolks in a bowl. Gradually pour in melted chocolate, whisking constantly, until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until foamy. Add 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold one-third of the egg whites and one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until lightened. Fold in remaining egg whites and whipped cream until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into the crust.
- Chill cake until mousse is set, 6 hours to overnight.
- Combine 2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 confectioners' sugar, and orange liqueur in a large bowl; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe whipped cream rosettes to garnish each slice.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute liqueur of choice for the orange liqueur.
- You can freeze the cake, tightly wrapped with plastic wrap, until the night before serving. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Editor's Note:
- You may use pasteurized egg whites, or you can omit them for a slightly denser mousse.
Per Serving: 736 calories; 57.4 51.6 9.4 228 296 Full nutrition