Ossobuco alla Milanese
Ingredients1 h 28 m servings 476 cals
- Slit the skin around the veal shanks in 2 or 3 places so that slices do not curl when cooked. Dust veal shanks with flour.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add veal shanks; cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Pour in white wine and simmer until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomato puree, salt, and pepper into the skillet. Pour in beef stock gradually, stirring between each addition. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, turning veal shanks occasionally, until tender, about 55 minutes.
- Mix parsley and lemon zest together in a small bowl. Stir into the skillet. Cook until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the shanks. Use a fork to ensure they are tender before adding the gremolata.
Per Serving: 476 calories; 18.9 g fat; 2.7 g carbohydrates; 63.9 g protein; 254 mg cholesterol; 287 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe brings me back to my childhood.There are different regions in Italy, and even though this one is form the part of Italy where i was born, Northern Italy, we make it a little differen...