Lasagne ai Carciofi e Pancetta (Artichoke and Pancetta Lasagna)
made it | 0 reviews |
"This tasty lasagna filled with fresh artichokes, pancetta, and bechamel sauce is a typical Italian dish for a spring Sunday lunch. Very popular as an Easter meal, as well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 54 m servings 417 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook until a golden paste forms, about 5 minutes. Whisk in milk gradually until bechamel sauce is thick and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; season with nutmeg and salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in artichokes until coated with oil, about 5 minutes. Increase heat, pour in white wine, and simmer until evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until artichokes are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with dill, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook and stir pancetta in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread 2 ladlefuls of bechamel sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; cover with another ladleful of sauce. Top with 1/3 of the artichoke mixture and 1/3 of the pancetta. Cover with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers three more times, ending with bechamel sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 25 minutes. Broil until top is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute bacon for the pancetta if desired.
- If using fresh lasagna noodles, cook for 1 minute.
- Lasagna is perfect prepared several hours in advance and reheated. Simply cool to room temperature after baking and cover with aluminum foil. Then when it's time to serve, reheat in the oven for 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 18.4 g fat; 44.1 g carbohydrates; 17.7 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 516 mg sodium. Full nutrition