Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 2 h 35 m servings 180 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Freeze beef to make it easier to slice, about 20 minutes. Slice beef against the grain into strips about 1/4-inch thick.
- Whisk soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add beef strips. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, mixing at least twice, 18 to 24 hours.
- Arrange beef strips on dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) until dried, about 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use a Nesco® dehydrator.
- Lightly sprinkle coarsely ground black pepper or red pepper flakes over the meat when you put it on the dehydrator for an extra kick.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 5 g fat; 5.5 g carbohydrates; 26.9 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 1084 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This turned out excellent! I love heat but am super sensitive to cayenne for some reason so I only used 1 teaspoon and then just sprinkled a bit of crushed red pepper flakes. I can't wait to try...