Millionaire's Shortbread Bars (Vegan and Gluten Free)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Simply Sweet MAC
"Millionaire's shortbread bars traditionally have a bottom layer of shortbread cookie, a middle caramel layer, and a top chocolate layer. For my recipe, I made the cookie layer with almond flour to get a delicious nutty flavor. The middle layer is a caramel made mostly out of dates. Finally, I made the top chocolate out of cacao, coconut oil, and agave. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 359
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, grapeseed oil, 3 tablespoons agave syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl. Press evenly into the bottom of the loaf pan to create the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pale golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Process dates into a paste in a food processor. Add hot water and almond butter; process until very smooth. Spread mixture evenly over the crust.
- Whisk cacao powder, coconut oil, and agave syrup together in a bowl. Pour over date layer.
- Refrigerate until cacao layer is firm, 8 hours to overnight. Cut into squares.
Per Serving: 359 calories; 24.5 33.6 5.8 0 48 Full nutrition