Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 423 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Layer chicken thighs, onions, carrots, raisins, and apricots in a slow cooker.
- Whisk chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, garlic salt, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, paprika, and pepper together in a bowl. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on High 4 1/2 hours or on Low for 7 1/2 hours. Shred chicken slightly using 2 forks. Continue cooking 30 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat and stir in couscous and butter. Cover saucepan and let stand until water is absorbed completely, 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork. Serve chicken tagine over couscous.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 5 or 6 halved chicken breasts for the 8 chicken thighs.
- If you have ras el hanout spice on hand, add a teaspoon to the broth mixture for added flavor.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 9.8 g fat; 56.7 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 74 mg cholesterol; 830 mg sodium. Full nutrition