Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 408
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 15-inch pizza crust)
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, about 10 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl; add shortening, salt, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Stir in flour by hand until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out on a floured work surface and knead until smooth, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large greased bowl. Cover with a moist towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down gently. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes for air to release. Roll into a ball; spread and stretch over the bottom of a pizza pan. Let rise for 15 minutes before topping and baking.
- Cook's Note:
- Top crust with your favorite toppings and bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) until toppings are hot and crust is browned, about 15 minutes. Cool for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 7.4 73.5 10.4 0 877 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1