Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 4 m servings 1243 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken pieces in the hot oil. Add garlic cloves, parsley, tarragon, cinnamon, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Pour in wine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a large baking dish or casserole.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the egg noodles and bring back to a boil. Cook until tender but slightly firm, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir noodles into chicken in the skillet. Transfer chicken and noodles to prepared baking dish. Mix melted butter and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken and noodles are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- To peel garlic cloves, set them on a board and place a broad knife or cleaver on top. Then smack down with the heel of your hand, and the clove will split, leaving the skin easy to peel off. Alternatively, drop the cloves into boiling water for 10 seconds and this will loosen the skins.
- If liquid reduces too much in step 1, add a bit of water.
Per Serving: 1243 calories; 51.1 g fat; 106.4 g carbohydrates; 76.1 g protein; 301 mg cholesterol; 339 mg sodium. Full nutrition