Purple Sweet Potato Whole Wheat Bun
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 12 m servings 200 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Mix bread flour, sweet potatoes, whole wheat flour, cake flour, eggs, brown sugar, water, butter, milk powder, yeast, and salt together in a bowl until dough holds together, adding more water if dough is too dry. Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Place bowl in a warm place and let sit until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and cut into 16 pieces, rolling them into balls. Place dough balls on oiled baking sheets, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove cover from dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any variety of sweet potato can be used in place of the purple.
- Substitute white sugar for the brown sugar if desired.
- The dough can also be made in a bread machine on the "Dough" setting.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 5.1 g fat; 33.1 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 128 mg sodium. Full nutrition