Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 13 m servings 405 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix flour and 1/3 cup white sugar together in a large bowl. Rub in butter with your fingers until mixture is sandy. Press into the greased baking pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until golden brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in mashed sweet potatoes, milk, and vanilla extract until batter is the consistency of pancake batter. Pour over the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato layer is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk water, 1/2 cup white sugar, and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour coconut milk into a 5-quart saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, about 5 minutes. Pour in water mixture, whisking constantly until coconut milk thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in shredded coconut; cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour coconut mixture over sweet potato layer. Refrigerate until firm, 4 hours to overnight.
Per Serving: 405 calories; 28.3 g fat; 36.6 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 149 mg sodium. Full nutrition