Sweet Potato and Orange Salad
"My daughter and I found this recipe several years ago, and since then it has become a regular on our Christmas menu. Strangely, this dish appeals especially to women. Women always return for seconds and request the recipe, while men may politely try a bite or two. We serve it mainly with chicken or turkey. With an apple or banana on the side, it also makes a filling and nutritious packed lunch. Somehow the sweet potato sticks by you so that you're not reaching for a snack at mid-afternoon."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 133
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place sweet potato into a microwave steamer with a rack; add water. Cook in the microwave until sweet potato is soft but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Peel cooled sweet potato and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut each orange segment into 3 pieces. Place sweet potato and orange pieces in a bowl; add raisins.
- Mix lemon juice and honey together in a bowl; pour over potato-orange mixture. Add a pinch of salt and sprinkle walnuts over salad.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Canned mandarin orange segments can be used in place of the fresh orange, if desired.
Per Serving: 133 calories; 2.7 26.7 2.3 0 125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1