Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 342 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine shallots and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in red wine. Add pomegranate syrup, honey, a few pinches of rock salt, soy sauce, sumac, peppercorns, cloves, cornstarch, and Aleppo pepper. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and coats the spoon, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread chicken wings in a baking dish; sprinkle some rock salt on top. Pour sauce over chicken; spread evenly with a brush.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting occasionally with the brush, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. Turn on the broiler; broil chicken until dark, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can try this with chicken breast, as well, but the wings fall apart so succulently.
- Substitute sour cherry juice for the red wine if desired.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 6.9 g fat; 37.6 g carbohydrates; 13.3 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 2023 mg sodium. Full nutrition