Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
"The combination of the sausage with the different spices and the sweetness from the cranberries really turn your average garden acorn squash into a dish that makes you feel like the professional home cook that you are. Perfect for serving at dinner parties or for a nice quiet meal at home."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 410
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet.
- Toast bread in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon, sage, sumac, white pepper, and cloves together in a small bowl.
- Brush acorn squash halves with olive oil. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon mixture evenly over both halves. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake acorn squash in the preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes. Scrape flesh with a fork to loosen slightly.
- Combine toasted bread and vegetable stock in a pot over medium-low heat. Stir bread around to soak up the vegetable stock and warm up, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir into the bread in the bowl. Add remaining cinnamon mixture, cranberries, pecans, and thyme; stir until evenly mixed.
- Divide bread mixture between the acorn squash halves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 410 calories; 19.5 49.8 13.6 32 780 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1