Ingredients3 h 53 m servings 408
- Place hominy in a large pot; cover with water. Add 1 head garlic and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat for 2 hours.
- Place pork shoulder, pork loin, and pork neck bones in the hominy mixture and cook until meat is tender and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Place tomato and guajillo chiles in a pot and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cook until chiles have softened, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place tomato and chiles with salt, 1 clove garlic, oregano, and cumin in a blender; add 2 cups water. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and set chile sauce aside.
- Transfer pork to a work surface and shred with 2 forks. Discard the pork bones.
- Pour chile sauce into hominy mixture; bring to a boil. Return shredded pork to pot. Simmer pozole until flavors have blended, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle pozole into serving bowls and top with lettuce and onion and serve lime wedge on the side.
- Cook's Note:
- This dish requires different cuts of pork: shoulder, loin, and leg. It's important to have both lean and fatty cuts.
Per Serving: 408 calories; 17.2 35.3 29.8 81 517 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This Pozole was pretty much authentic and very tasty. The reason I am giving it 4 stars is because of step # 1. The canned hominy is pre cooked so there is no need to cook it for two hours. You ...
This was awesome! My husband loved it and he doesn't like Mexican soup's other than meatball soup.
Love this soup so much. I added a can of hominy and cooked the recommended time as I rather like the cooked in flavor it lends but I also add the rest about 45 minutes before serving and let it...