Sfouf (Lebanese Turmeric Cake)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 283
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with tahini.
- Combine boiling water and anise seeds in a glass measuring cup; let steep, about 5 minutes. Strain into a bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Discard anise seeds.
- Mix flour, turmeric, baking powder, and anise seed powder together in a bowl. Make a well in the center; mix in oil and butter. Stir in sweetened anise water until batter is the consistency of thick yogurt.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Score top into diamond shapes with the tip of a knife; place 1 pine nut in the center of each diamond.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 283 calories; 13.9 37.5 3 15 49 Full nutrition