Honey Bun Cake from Scratch
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)) with 2 tablespoons butter. Add 1/4 cup sugar; shake pan gently until sides are evenly coated with sugar.
- Combine remaining 2/3 cup butter and 1 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Beat flour mixture into the butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture and beating batter well after each addition.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture over the batter. Repeat once more. Pour remaining batter on top. Swirl batter with a butter knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
Per Serving: 443 calories; 18 67.1 5.2 88 314 Full nutrition