Lobster and Grits with Chorizo
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 562
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water, broth, 2 tablespoons butter, and salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Stir in grits. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed and grits are a thick consistency, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly oil a 8x10-inch baking dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo; cook and stir, breaking into small pieces, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in a pot. Add shallot; cook and stir until shallot softens and butter is bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add lobster and garlic. Cook just until lobster turns opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk shredded Gouda cheese and Cheddar cheese into the grits. Add chorizo, salt, and pepper. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with lobster, shallots, and pan drippings.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You could substitute bacon for the chorizo. I recommend cooking the chorizo until is very dry. I drain mine twice to get it very crispy (I learned this from my friend Chrissy)!
- If you can't get one big lobster, go for two small ones. Don't skimp on the lobster. Shrimp could also be subbed.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 36 33.7 24.8 116 1538 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1