Guinness® Anniversary Cheesecake
made it | 0 reviews |
"Guinness® celebrated 250 years (1759 - 2009) in Ireland today. The place where I work has made a special Guinness menu for the day. I am a pastry chef, so I decided to make a Guinness® cheesecake."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 435 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cheesecake)
- Mix digestive crumbs and butter together in a bowl. Pour into an 8-inch cake pan and press into an even layer over the bottom using the back of a spoon. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine stout beer and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and the consistency of caramel, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Whisk mascarpone cheese and honey together in a bowl. Fold in whipped cream and lemon juice.
- Combine water and gelatin sheets in a microwave-safe bowl. Let gelatin soften, about 5 minutes. Drain. Heat in the microwave until melted, about 10 seconds.
- Pour cooled beer mixture over the mascarpone mixture; add gelatin. Beat well until smooth. Spread over the digestive biscuit crust. Chill until set, at least 1 hour.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 32.8 g fat; 30.4 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 119 mg sodium. Full nutrition