Smoked Bacon and Irish Cheese Mash
"I have this on my menu at the moment. I serve it straight from the oven under a juicy ribeye steak. It's glorious when the oozing cheese mixes with the juices from the ribeye. It's very popular with my customers and my girlfriend loves it. Why not try it with a big lump of mature Cashel blue cheese melted on the top and a wild mushroom sauce poured over it all? Very heavy and full of fat but great as a treat every now and then."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 472
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water. Cover and set over high heat; boil until easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain well and cover with a clean dish towel for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bacon until very crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer bacon to a blender; blend into tiny pieces.
- Break Camembert cheese into small lumps; mix with Cheddar cheese and spring onion in a bowl.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Stir bacon, Camembert cheese mixture, half of the cream, and butter into the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mashed potato mixture in a baking dish. Pour remaining cream on top. Pierce in several places with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top starts to brown, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 14.4 70.2 17 38 493 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1