Ingredients39 m servings 287
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet into the oven while it preheats.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until batter is smooth and thin, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove cast iron skillet from oven using an oven mitt and pour remaining 1 tablespoon butter into the skillet, quickly and carefully swirling to coat the skillet with butter. Pour batter into the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake in the oven until puffed around the edges and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Top Dutch baby with Cheddar cheese, chives, fresh thyme, and crumbled sausage. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Slice and serve Dutch baby immediately.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 17.6 18.9 13.1 176 573 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This was excellent! I expected it to be harder than what it was. I'm looking forward to trying different combinations inside the crust. Should work for sweet or savory.
I always love discovering a new way to do eggs and this recipe is just that! Easier to make than I thought. Delicious and so incredibly versatile. If you are time-concerned change the order and ...
I've made a ton of Dutch Babies in the past and this is by far my favorite. I did have to substitute dry chives but it certainly didn't change the integrity of the dish. So versitle.
Yes I had to buy a cast iron skillet to prepare the herb-sausage-and-cheese-dutch-baby. Filled the recipe and came our with a winning breakfast. Came out great.
made for breakfast, so quick, easy, and delicious! shared with some friends that were over and they loved it. can’t wait to experiment with different things on top!
Great recipe. Sprinkled with dried thyme instead of fresh since I didn’t have any on hand. Baked for 18 minutes prior to putting toppings on and had huge peaks. Unfortunately the peaks collapsed...
Quick and easy. Good flavor. The only thing was when adding cheese it deflated.