2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 472
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss crawfish tails with Creole seasoning in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic. Thin mixture with 1 cup water. Stir in crawfish tails; season with black pepper.
- Whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into the saucepan, stirring constantly, until crawfish mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Cut tops off bread loaves; hollow out center to create a "boat." Place bread loaves on a baking sheet; spoon crawfish mixture into the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is warm and lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The prep time will vary depending on if you are using leftover crawfish tails or boiling and peeling crawfish. You can substitute any type of seafood you want.
- The filling can be served over rice instead of in the bread boat.
- I used bread tops to make garlic bread, which I baked alongside the "boats."
Per Serving: 472 calories; 28.1 34.2 21.9 182 1027 Full nutrition