Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Dust a baking sheet lightly with flour.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sunflower seeds, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Pour in buttermilk; mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a floured work surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a round loaf; cut an X in the top. Transfer to the floured baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- Cover warm loaf with a clean, damp dish towel if a soft crust is desired.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 2.8 45.7 8.7 2 219 Full nutrition