Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Dust a baking sheet lightly with flour.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sunflower seeds, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Pour in buttermilk; mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a floured work surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a round loaf; cut an X in the top. Transfer to the floured baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Cover warm loaf with a clean, damp dish towel if a soft crust is desired.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 2.8 45.7 8.7 2 219 Full nutrition