Honey and Rosemary Soda Bread
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 357
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, rosemary, and salt together in a large bowl. Add buttermilk and honey; mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a round loaf approximately 8 inches in diameter. Score top of the dough with 2 shallow crosses, marking 8 wedges. Transfer to a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Tap the bottom of the loaf; it will sound hollow when done.
- Let bread rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also divide the dough in half and shape into 2 smaller loaves. Bake 20 to 30 minutes for smaller loaves.
- Cover with a clean, damp dishtowel if a soft crust is desired.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 1.5 77.3 10.7 2 293 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1