made it | 0 reviews |
"Gorgeously fruity traditional Irish loaf with a little twist. You can easily substitute spelt or gluten-free flour for wheat flour. I've tried it with both and it's delicious. It's also a good recipe to have as a treat if you're watching your weight."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 285 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Soak dried fruit in brewed tea in a bowl, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, almond meal, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Stir brown sugar and egg into the dried fruit-tea mixture. Mix in flour mixture, 1 spoonful at a time, until smooth. Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 4.9 g fat; 57.8 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 143 mg sodium. Full nutrition