Ingredients21 m servings 1473
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne together in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Trim off ends of bread. Cut loaf in half and evenly split bread to make tops and bottoms of 2 sandwiches. Spread each half on both sides generously with the mayo/mustard sauce.
- Divide sandwich ingredients between the two bottom halves in this order: 2 slices Swiss cheese, 3 slices ham, hot cooked pork, pickle slices, and 2 more slices of Swiss cheese. Place tops on sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and press down with a heavy weight (such as another skillet or foil-wrapped bricks). Toast sandwiches until bread is crisp and filling is heated through, 3 or 4 minutes per side.
- Chef's Note:
- To make your own bread, check out Chef John's Cuban Bread recipe.
Per Serving: 1473 calories; 85.2 85.4 88.2 287 4077 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
Delicious!! I made my own Cuban bread from your recipe: outstanding bread taste! I am going to do 3 things differently the next time I make this. First: Pat dry the pickle slices. Second: coat ...
Fantastic. I made it with less mustard, but I think it was not enough, so the recipe must be right on. I loved it, and it tasted like it came from a high -end sandwich shop.
One of the few recipes I've tried and I wouldn't change a thing. I pulled out my old George Foreman grill, and while it took a little longer than the recipe, it was delicious!!!! The cayenne r...
I love this sandwich. I used the pork Chef John suggested and made the Cuban bread. I am so happy!
Absolutely Fabulous Only difference I used Portuguese Rolls
I absolutely love Cuban sandwiches. I could eat this everyday. I think the flavors of this sandwich depend on the quality of the individual ingredients. This will be a regular in my home.
Fabulous! Easy to make and easy to clean up. I used our George Foreman grill and this was a hit!!!
Love it! I looking to use left over pork roast- this recipe worked great!