Sausage and Scallion Egg Muffins
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients35 m servings 108 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Pulse sausage into small pieces a mini food processor, about 5 times.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Fold in sausage, fontina cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Fill lined muffin cups evenly with egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use 1/2 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled, instead of sausage links if desired.
Per Serving: 108 calories; 7.9 g fat; 1 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 195 mg cholesterol; 288 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Good- we used up Italian sausage and I sliced and diced it vs. the blender. Had asiago cheese so used that up. Next time I won't add the crushed red pepper- couldn't taste the scallions good. Ba...
Great recipe, I cooked for about 20 minutes, but could be that I had more gooey egg filling in mine or a bigger muffin tin. I crumbled the sausage instead of processing and subbed Mexican shred...
Really good! I subbed cheddar cheese and omitted the red pepper flakes. Whole family liked these. Next time I'll add some diced bell pepper and maybe some mushrooms