Persian Eggplant Stew
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 1 m servings 523 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over eggplant.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplants until soft and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in stew meat, beef bouillon, cumin, and saffron; cook meat until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste until well mixed.
- Pour water and tomato sauce into the saucepan. Reduce heat to low and cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by half, about 2 hours 20 minutes. Stir in eggplants. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 523 calories; 26 g fat; 53.1 g carbohydrates; 28.4 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 2742 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1