Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 1 m servings 991 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Place eggplant in a large bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over eggplant and toss to coat. Spread eggplant on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is softened and browned, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, wide pot over medium-high heat; cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir paprika, kosher salt, coriander, fennel seeds, black pepper, cumin, ginger, and turmeric into onion mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Mix tomatoes, half of the reserved tomato juice, red bell peppers, white wine, and lemon juice into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reserve the remaining tomato juice to thin the stew if needed.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the pot; cover with some of the tomato mixture. Return stew to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Flip chicken, cover, and simmer until no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Stir eggplant and marjoram into stew; simmer uncovered until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 teaspoon dried marjoram for the 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, if desired.
Per Serving: 991 calories; 66.7 g fat; 26.7 g carbohydrates; 67.5 g protein; 255 mg cholesterol; 574 mg sodium. Full nutrition