Dairy-Free Bread Rolls
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 34 m servings 249 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 rolls)
- Mix 1 cup lukewarm water, sugar, and yeast together in a large bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and forms a creamy foam, about 20 minutes.
- Stir soy milk, 1/2 cup soy butter, avocado oil, 6 tablespoons water, egg replacer, and salt gently into the yeast mixture using a fork. Mix in 2 cups bread flour. Continue mixing by hand, adding flour 1/2 cup at a time, until dough comes together. Knead dough in the bowl for 2 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel; let rise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces; knead and form into balls.
- Grease 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. Place 1 ball of dough in each muffin cup. Cover with plastic wrap and warm towels; let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup soy butter in a small saucepan over low heat, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in honey.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until puffed and pale, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven; brush with half of the soy butter and honey mixture. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 9 minutes more. Brush with remaining soy butter and honey mixture.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute olive oil for the avocado oil if preferred.
- If using the microwave to warm up the soy milk and soy butter, heat in 15-second intervals, stirring frequently, until barely warm.
- Editor's Note:
- The ratio of water to egg replacer is based on the brand mentioned (for 3 eggs). Follow directions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 8.2 g fat; 36.4 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 142 mg sodium. Full nutrition