Smoky Bison Burger
Ball Park Buns
Ingredients25 m servings 553
- To make the sauce, combine ketchup with ground chile, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, salt, cumin and mustard.
- Whisk well and set aside.
- To prepare burgers, mix the ground bison with seasonings in a large bowl.
- Shape 8 patties of equal size and brush each with half of the olive oil.
- In a large skillet, add reserved olive oil and heat until smoking over medium-high heat.
- Cook 4 patties, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 5 minutes, covered. (Add cheese, if desired, for the last 1 minute of cooking.)
- Remove to a warm platter and cover while you cook the remaining patties.
- Keeping the skillet warm, brush the buns with olive oil and toast on either side for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Assemble burgers by placing cooked patties on bun bottoms, topping with smoky sauce and pickles, along with desired burger toppings.
- Top this burger off with a smoky cheese like smoked cheddar or Gouda.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 22.2 47.3 46.3 107 1531 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Made according to recipe, except I was concerned about the amount of spice so I only used half of the chipotle chili pepper in the sauce. Definitely a different taste. Worth making it again usin...
Really delicious and easy. BBQ sauce and pickles compliment the burger wonderfully. Will make again
Loved the burger and the sauce! So good! Everything comes together quickly, so it makes for a quick weeknight dinner too! If you've never had buffalo meat before; give it a try with this burger!...
Awesome burger, prepped the sauce and burgers mid morning and everything was a snap to complete for dinner. I halved the recipe with no problem at all. The burger cook time was right on, and th...
The spices are delicious! My kids loved them, as well. The cook time is perfect, as is the size of the burger. I will definitely make these again!
We're from Colorado, so had to try this recipe! The seasoning for the bison was perfect, as was the sauce. We served it with a pasta salad, some corn, and pineapple. Definitely 5 star!!
This was really good! I've never had bison before and we loved it! Even my 4 year old ate an entire (mini) burger. Instead of using garlic powder, I used ground fresh garlic using my mortar and ...
Great burger! I especially enjoyed the sauce and I think that it could be one of my go-to BBQ sauces. I want to make this sauce again, but with the addition of brown sugar to give it that sw...