Texas Chili Dog
Ball Park Buns
Ingredients50 m servings 761
- To make chili, brown ground beef in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion and red bell pepper, stirring well. Add tomato sauce and seasonings, stirring well.
- Allow mixture to bubble for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and cook at least 30 minutes.
- To make hot dogs, cook on your grill or on a grill pan until just seared on the outside.
- Meanwhile, toast buns in a 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes, taking care not to brown.
- Swipe each bun with mustard, top with chili as desired, followed by grated cheese, onion and, if you're brave, jalapenos.
- If you'd like the cheese all melty, place chili dogs on a foil-lined cookie sheet and run under a hot broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Toasting your Ball Park Hot Dog buns will help them stand up to the weight of the chili without getting soggy.
Per Serving: 761 calories; 48.2 43.6 37.6 132 1638 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
This was a great recipe that is simple and delivers a nice kick! The chili came together quickly and the longer it simmered the nicer the flavors settled in to a flavorful chili. We grilled th...
This is such a delicious chili dog!! Loved the basic chili recipe...it was quick and easy and perfect over these amazing hot dogs. The reaction from dinner guests..."Are we having hot dogs today...
Who doesn't like hot dogs with chili on top? I'm glad to have an easy recipe to make from scratch. I did think the chili was a little dry and needed to be a little sweeter.
Excellent chili dog recipe that is perfect as written. thank you Ball Park!
What's more all-American than a hot dog? We liked the flavor of the chili topping, but it needs a bit more "oomph" to be truly Texan, lol! The mild chili flavor is perfect for kids, though. F...
The whole family loved this recipe! Only one was able to handle the jalapeños. Great flavor and clearly, it was piled high with toppings and the buns didn’t get soggy at all! This will definitel...
I wasn’t a fan of the onion and bell pepper inside the chili- otherwise it’s a good chili recipe. I’m a wimp and left out the jalapeño. Pretty good chili dog!
Delicious and perfect for our 4th of July celebration! The chili was simple to put together and a perfect complement to the hot dog. Next time I would leave the jalapeno off, but, other than ...