Texas Chili Dog
Ball Park Buns
Ingredients50 m servings 761 cals
- To make chili, brown ground beef in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion and red bell pepper, stirring well. Add tomato sauce and seasonings, stirring well.
- Allow mixture to bubble for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and cook at least 30 minutes.
- To make hot dogs, cook on your grill or on a grill pan until just seared on the outside.
- Meanwhile, toast buns in a 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes, taking care not to brown.
- Swipe each bun with mustard, top with chili as desired, followed by grated cheese, onion and, if you're brave, jalapenos.
- If you'd like the cheese all melty, place chili dogs on a foil-lined cookie sheet and run under a hot broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Toasting your Ball Park Hot Dog buns will help them stand up to the weight of the chili without getting soggy.
Per Serving: 761 calories; 48.2 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 37.6 g protein; 132 mg cholesterol; 1638 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Husband and I both loved this recipe! I made as shown and was worried some flavors might be stronger than others, but not at all! So good and will make again! Thank you for sharing!! Us Tex...
This is such a delicious chili dog!! Loved the basic chili recipe...it was quick and easy and perfect over these amazing hot dogs. The reaction from dinner guests..."Are we having hot dogs today...
My son is a chili dog lover and he gave this 10 stars! All of the flavors were great and we all loved the jalapeno on top...a definite keeper~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)