Coconut Cream French Toast
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients38 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Place whole egg and egg yolk in a bowl. Add coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg; whisk until batter is combined.
- Soak bread halves in batter, tossing every 2 to 3 minutes to ensure they are absorbing the batter evenly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place soaked bread in a single layer in the skillet. Cook until richly browned, crispy, and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Toast coconut flakes in a dry skillet until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle over bread.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a French country loaf rather than a baguette to get nice big slices. Italian bread can be substituted for the French bread if preferred.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 23.3 23.3 8 161 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was very good. I pretty much always make French Toast this way except for using heavy cream rather than coconut milk. I usually top with our great local strawberries, so the mangoes were a...