Coconut Cream French Toast
Ingredients38 m servings 328
- Place whole egg and egg yolk in a bowl. Add coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and nutmeg; whisk until batter is combined.
- Soak bread halves in batter, tossing every 2 to 3 minutes to ensure they are absorbing the batter evenly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place soaked bread in a single layer in the skillet. Cook until richly browned, crispy, and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Toast coconut flakes in a dry skillet until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle over bread.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a French country loaf rather than a baguette to get nice big slices. Italian bread can be substituted for the French bread if preferred.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 23.3 23.3 8 161 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Yum! I'm a coconut fanatic and was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I didn't have coconut milk, but did have coconut cream. Used just under 1/3 cup and added a little milk to thin it out. ...
wow has turned into a breakfast staple and now it's inviting friends over to try it really good worth time worth the effort watch the video learn how it's done and you will not be disappointed
This was very good. I pretty much always make French Toast this way except for using heavy cream rather than coconut milk. I usually top with our great local strawberries, so the mangoes were a...