Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 581
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Grind peppercorns coarsely using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Season steaks on both sides with peppercorns and salt.
- Heat butter and oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- Remove skillet from heat and drain grease. Pour in 1/3 cup brandy. Light brandy carefully using a long match. Shake skillet back and forth until flames die down, about 30 seconds.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Whisk in cream; bring to a simmer. Cook, whisking occasionally, until sauce coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon brandy. Return steaks to the skillet; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Use extreme caution when igniting the brandy in step 4. Use a long match such as a fireplace match or long barbeque lighter. Ignite the fumes at the edge of the pan, not the liquid itself. Do not lean over the skillet as you ignite the fumes.
Per Serving: 581 calories; 48.4 3.3 18.5 154 1267 Full nutrition