Ingredients1 h 19 m servings 511
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook hot and mild sausage, stirring to break up into pieces, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir tomato paste into the paste. Fill tomato paste can with water and pour in; mix well. Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and wine. Stir in basil sprigs, salt, and pepper. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls; spoon some of the ricotta cheese mixture on top. Ladle soup over cheese mixture.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use fresh or frozen basil, not dried. Substitute 3 bay leaves if you prefer. Discard before serving.
- I never cook the pasta in the soup! It gets mushy quickly, doesn't freeze well, and soaks up all the soup broth.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 21.7 49.6 26.1 53 1529 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I halved the recipe because I only had 1 lb sausage. The soup definitely needs more seasoning, I added basil, onion powder and garlic powder, I also added 1 tbsp of brown sugar as it tasted very...
made it - loved it, even better second day - I substituted italian sausage for ground beef, did use the Hot Italian Sausage.