Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 369
- Pour water into a large stockpot over high heat. Stir in 3 cups tomato sauce, yellow onion, chicken bouillon, garlic, and 1 tablespoon dried oregano. Bring broth to a slow boil.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, white rice, 1/4 cup cilantro, seasoned salt, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin in a large bowl. Squeeze mixture with your hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of beef mixture and form in a ball. Lower gently into boiling broth. Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, and celery into the broth. Cover and simmer until meatballs and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and cabbage. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with avocado and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- Vegetables can be varied to your liking (corn, bell peppers, squash, etc).
- Lean ground beef is preferred for a healthier, less fatty stock. Chicken broth can be substituted for the water and chicken bouillon for a richer stock, if preferred.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 15.3 29.5 29.2 128 1125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We liked these albondigas and thought the soup was very tasty. I left out the zucchini and cabbage only because we're not used to having them in our albondiga soup. Other than that, absolutely d...
Loved it and so did my boyfriend. I changed it up a bit. I used already made chicken broth and also used baby zucchini and carrots. I used about 1/2 cup Kale instead of cabbage too. He want me t...
came out great!! made a few adjustments/ substitutes though. Added brustle sprouts, and instead of using 3 cans of tomatoe sauce i used 1 can of tomatoe paste and one can of stewed tomatoes. i r...