Ingredients3 h servings 654
- Spread peach slices between several layers of paper towels and let dry, gently pressing occasionally and replacing any soaked towels, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour melted butter over bottom of a 6-quart oval slow cooker. Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and sprinkle over butter.
- Arrange peaches in a tight layer over brown sugar. (You may need to make a partial second layer to fit them all in.)
- Beat softened butter with white sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Working in batches, stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix batter until well combined. Spoon over peaches and spread evenly.
- Drape paper towels over top of slow cooker (to absorb any condensation during baking), then cover with lid. Cook on High until a wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and paper towels. Using oven mitts, remove ceramic liner from slow cooker and let cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cake and carefully turn out onto a serving platter.
Per Serving: 654 calories; 27.2 100.8 6.8 114 486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I have made this twice, exactly as written. It is excellent! Cake is light and flavorful, peach topping is heavenly. I have used frozen peaches that I thawed out ahead of time. Edges will ge...
The flavor of the cake was nice. It was a bit crumbly though. It did burn a bit around the edge by the time the inside was cooked and it never quite caramelized which was disappointing. Maybe I ...
I made this with wonderful fresh peaches and it was a hit. I did not increase the sugar and the cakewas as sweet as I would want it to be. So I would hesitate to use canned peaches in heavy suga...
Made this recipe using Gluten Free Flour, it was absolutely delicious.
I loved it!! The only thing i changed was the sugar. I thought i had white sugar and i used the brown one instead but it was worth it!!my cake came delicious!!. Will do it again!!
I made this on Mother’s Day and it was so good! Everyone was a fan. It was delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.