Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 23 m servings 282 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut octopus tentacles away from the piece that holds them together; cut into smaller pieces. Cut head in half.
- Combine octopus pieces and shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat; cover and cook in their juices until octopus is almost tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer octopus and shrimp to a bowl, reserving juices in the skillet.
- Stir onion, salt, bay leaves, and black pepper into the skillet; increase heat and cook until juices are reduced and onion takes on the color of the juices, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sriracha sauce; cook for 5 minutes.
- Return octopus and shrimp to the skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until flavors combine and sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use frozen octopus if desired. Defrost before cooking.
- If you want to make it go faster you can sub in canned tomatoes instead of fresh.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 3.3 g fat; 11.9 g carbohydrates; 48.8 g protein; 228 mg cholesterol; 1718 mg sodium. Full nutrition