Iowa Sloppy Joe Dip
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Legend has it that the Sloppy Joe was first created in Sioux City, Iowa in 1930 by a cook named Joe. We think Joe would love this creamy, cheesy, game day dip! Season ground beef with McCormick® Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix for authentic flavor. Add cream cheese, tomato sauce, onions, and Cheddar Jack cheese to beef. Bake until ooey-gooey and garnish with dill pickle slices. Tangy, sweet and savory, it's best enjoyed loaded on top of potato chips."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 103
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in broth, seasoning mix, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until stock is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1 cup of the shredded cheese and cream cheese into the beef mixture. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with wavy potato chips or mini toasts.
You might also like
- Garnishing Tip:
- Garnish with pickle slices and chopped onions, if desired.
Per Serving: 103 calories; 7.2 1.9 7.2 29 202 Full nutrition