Chocolate Guinness® Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A little trip to Ireland all baked in a delicious chocolate cake with Guinness® flavor. You can serve it with powdered sugar or ganache poured on top. I use this recipe for my groom's cakes but I frost it with a chocolate buttercream then pour ganache evenly over the top. I use raspberries or strawberries to decorate the top for color. It turns out beautiful!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 615
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan with 3-inch sides.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one a time. Mix in vanilla extract. Beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with stout beer, until batter is smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 70 to 75 minutes. Transfer cake pan to a wire rack; let cool for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving platter and let cool completely.
Per Serving: 615 calories; 35 72.3 6.9 121 360 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question