Braised Chicken Thighs with Apples, Bacon Chutney, and Roasted Red Potatoes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 52 m servings 785
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine red wine vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir bacon until crisp, adding 3 dashes liquid smoke while cooking, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and drain bacon grease.
- Place potatoes, skin-side down, in a baking dish. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix apples and bacon into vinegar-brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Add garlic, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the hot oil; cook for 7 minutes. Flip chicken;add water and a few shakes liquid smoke. Cover skillet and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Place chicken on a serving plate and top with apple mixture. Arrange potatoes alongside chicken.
You might also like
Per Serving: 785 calories; 27.3 107.7 30.5 89 554 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1