White Pizza Sauce
Ingredients18 m servings 365 cals
- Heat butter and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add flour and whisk until flour is lightly browned and onion is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix milk, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper into onion mixture. Cook, whisking continuously, until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook's Notes:
- Mozzarella cheese or 3-cheese Italian cheese blend can be used in place of the Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Dried basil can be used in place of the fresh basil.
- Add more milk if sauce is too thick in step 2.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 26.6 g fat; 18.5 g carbohydrates; 13.5 g protein; 58 mg cholesterol; 730 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This is an excellent recipe. I made it to go on a buffalo cauliflower pizza instead of a red sauce. I made a couple changes to suit my preferences and what I had in the house: Instead of milk I...
Super easy sauce and I would certainly make it again but will double the quantity so I can keep some handy in the freezer. Used it on a pizza with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, portobello mushro...
This was delicious! It's better than white sauce in pizza chains!
Delicious! We used Italian Seasoning instead of just basil and oregano. We used rice flour to make it gluten free. Omitted the black pepper because of allergies.
Just made it tonight.....excellent flavor and texture. I wanted a white sauce under corn, jalapeños, and tomatoes (all from the garden). This was a perfect sauce for those toppings. I will de...
My wife can’t consume tomato-based pizza sauce because she is nursing our 6-month old. The acid in the tomato sauce doesn’t have a good effect on him. I saw this recipe and thought it was worth ...
Just perfect. This was absolutely delicious and we will make it again, maybe tomorrow.