Pastit (Papaya Turnover)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 123 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- Place the papaya cubes in a blender, a few at a time; blend until shredded.
- Combine 2 cups shredded papaya, white sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugars dissolve, about 5 minutes. Stir cinnamon into papaya mixture and remove saucepan from heat. Drain juice from papaya mixture using a strainer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll pie crusts on a work surface and cut out twenty-four 4-inch circles using a biscuit cutter or a cup. Spoon a small spoonful of papaya mixture into the center of each circle. Fold each circle in half over the papaya, creating a half-circle. Press the edges together using a fork and poke the top for ventilation. Place turnovers 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Brush the top of each turnover with egg yolk and continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 5.6 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 1.2 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 93 mg sodium. Full nutrition